Grey Sky Films is Seeking a Post Production Intern for Fall 2015
Grey Sky Films is looking for a qualified post production intern to join our team in the 2015 fall semester. The intern would be expected to begin work the week of September 21st through the week of December 18th. The internship is unpaid, for college credit and two days per week. Hours to be determined based availability and credit requirements. The intern hired for this position should expect to be involved in all aspects of post production including editing, simple graphic development and animation, video exporting and final delivery to the client. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced and exciting team environment. This intern will also be given fun and creative assignments with the intention of expanding their post production skills.
The benefits to the intern include working with a wonderful team of film enthusiasts who care deeply about producing authentic and high quality work, being fully immersed in the post production end of the film making process with an in-depth educational experience focusing on using video to tell a story and unlimited coffee. In return the intern should bring a few essential skills to this position; excellent communication skills, border-line obsessive attention to detail, the ability to work independently on important client projects, and a love for all things coffee. Being a cat lover is a plus.
This intern would be expected to do the following with an understanding by the Post Production Supervisor that help and guidance will be needed.
- Work with the post production supervisor and producer to fully understand the mission and meaning of each project
- Communicate with the producer and account executive effectively
- Be available and involved with the occasional internal Grey Sky Films production
- Attend check-ins with the Post Production supervisor at the start of each day
- Tell a story through editing by selecting the appropriate video clips from raw footage
- Be able to start and finish a project in a specific time allotted
- Create lower thirds and simple opening and closing graphics branded to the project
- Basic Color correction
- Basic Audio leveling and correction
- Basic Green Screen Keying
- Ability to choose music that fits the tone of the video and sound effects when necessary
- Export Video to the correct specifications
- Upload Videos to YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia and cable stations when necessary
- Keep an organized project flow between project origin location and Premiere project bins.
- Back up and Archive projects
- Cross checking back-up drives for archival purposes
- A passion for post production and helping businesses tell their story is a must.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of: Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition and Photoshop.
- Experience in the following is a bonus: Basecamp, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are important. Extreme attention to detail is a must.
- The intern in this position needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Most importantly the ability to tell a dynamic and engaging story is necessary.
- One to two years of college experience is expected.
How to Apply
Send resumes to Dana Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28th, 2015.