[vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Nearly 20 years ago, if you owned a business you probably heard “You have to get a website!” over and over again, and if you were a proactive business owner you were probably thinking “Man, I have to have a website!” and you made it happen in time to capitalize on the rapid growth of internet usage.
Well, fast-forward to the present: today’s websites need to be mobile-friendly and they’ve got to have video content. These are the top indicators of a site that is going to earn the best SEO, engage site visitors, and help convert shoppers into buyers. If you haven’t made these changes, it’s time for a website upgrade!
Why Video Should Be Part of Your Website Upgrade
In recent years video has proven to be the most effective form of online content, valuable for a number of reasons:
- Video helps visitors stay on your page for a longer period of time, an average of 2 minutes dwell time compared to sites that don’t have video. http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2016/12/infographic-video-marketing-statistics-2017.html
- People are more likely to watch an entire video than they are to read through a page of text. One minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing-statistics#sm.0016hqg5qsuaffk104j2fgyyb67vv
- Video content drives a higher conversion rate than any other form of content. Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing-statistics#sm.0016hqg5qsuaffk104j2fgyyb67vv
- Video drives engagement. Visitors will be more likely to comment, like or share your video content. The more visitors engage with your site, the more likely they are to spend more time on it and to return to it in the future.
- Video is good for SEO. Since Youtube is the second largest search engine, owned by Google, the first largest, video is an important element to verifying the quality and value of a search result.
- Video helps increase brand awareness by at least 52%. http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2016/12/infographic-video-marketing-statistics-2017.html Video is much more likely to be shared throughout social media than text-based content, which means you can not only increase brand awareness, you can also boost web traffic.
- Video helps you convert viewers to buyers. Video can help increase purchase intent by up to 97%, and brand association by up to 139%. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing-statistics#sm.0016hqg5qsuaffk104j2fgyyb67vv
As you can see, your website upgrade will benefit greatly from the addition of well-produced video content. In addition, you can enhance the use of video on your website by crafting an effective video marketing strategy.
Here’s how you can get started!
Types of Videos to Use for Your Website Upgrade
There are many types of videos that you can create in order to achieve your website’s marketing goals and to reap some of the benefits previously listed. The following are some of the most effective types of videos that you should be sure to use for your website upgrade:
- Brand Overview Videos – Brand overview videos help show new site visitors everything they need to know about your brand within a short period of time (under two minutes recommended). Overview or Brand videos are an asset to your site’s home page, increasing your sites likeliness of showing up in organic search results.
- Demonstration Videos – Product or service demo videos go a step deeper than an introductory overview video. They educate your visitors about what specific products or services: how they work, features and benefits. These are necessary to nurture potential customers, and can be placed on your products or services pages.
- Testimonial Videos – Testimonial videos are some of the strongest, most effective video marketing tools available. Bring customer reviews to life, and show previous customers sharing their real experience with your business, products or services. Similar to testimonials, you can also create video case studies, which typically show the problem someone faced, the product or service that they chose to use, and the outcome or results.
- Tutorial Videos – Tutorial videos, such as how-to videos, are a great way to provide visitors with potential solutions to their problems as a way to establish your brand authority. These types of videos are effective for visitors who already have an idea of what your brand is and does and are looking to see what you have to offer them. Tutorial videos work well in a number of places throughout your site, including your blog, and are often used effectively in email marketing campaigns.
- Company Culture Videos – Company culture videos include behind the scenes videos of employees or management hard at work, videos of company events like charity events, awards ceremonies or annual conferences. These types of videos help visitors connect on a personal level or see the passion and motivation that occurs behind the scenes. Company culture videos work well on your About Us page.
Upgrading your website can give your site exposure as well as your digital marketing campaigns the boost they need. It’s important to note that professionally produced video content can have the strongest impact, thanks to high-quality look, style and format.
Poorly made video content can harm the professionalism of your brand, so it’s important to work with a professional video production company to ensure your video content looks great, and hits all the right notes in order to maximize viewer engagement as well as the impact of your website upgrade.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_raw_js]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[/vc_raw_js][/vc_column][/vc_row]