[vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]If you’re currently using video as part of your online marketing efforts, you certainly already aware of the many benefits of video; Video can increase engagement online and via social media, strengthen your brand identity and make it easier for consumers to relate and connect with your brand.
Video is highly effective in a variety of ways, but also across a variety of viewing platforms. So, while metrics that are important to you might include online views or a high engagement rate, you should also be sure to create video that nurtures mobile video views.
Why are Mobile Video Views Important?
First, it’s important to understand the importance of mobile in general. A huge percentage of your audience not only owns mobile devices, whether they be smartphones or tablets, but they use these devices to do most of their online viewing, reading, watching and purchasing.
By not paying attention to mobile users in general, you are potentially ignoring an enormous part of your audience. The following are a few important statistics concerning mobile use that are just too big to ignore:
- In 2011, only 35% of Americans reported to own a smartphone compared to 77% today. Smartphone ownership has more than doubled in the past six years, and that rate continues to explode.
- Around 80% of Internet users own a smartphone, meaning that you could potentially be ignoring 80% of your consumer base at any given time if you don’t nurture mobile video views.
- More people use their mobile devices to search the Internet than their desktops. In fact, mobile Internet use accounts for roughly 51.2% of all Internet usage.
- Last year, mobile commerce made up roughly 20.6% of overall e-commerce, but experts believe that this will continue to grow to about 45% by the year 2020.
- Over the past two years, mobile video views have increased by a staggering 400%.
- Roughly 52% of all online video views are occur on mobile devices.
Mobile is accessible to people at all times, especially during downtime, when people have minutes or hours to spend catching up on emails, news, searching for things they need or browsing. All of these spare minutes or hours of time that everyone is spending online accumulate to a lot of valuable interaction time that you should capitalize on.
How Can Video Views Be Evaluated?
There are a number of mobile video metrics that you should pay attention to in order to track and judge the performance of your mobile videos. These include:
- Total mobile video views
- Watch time – the average length of the video a viewer watches
- Retention – how long each viewer stays on your page
- Social signals – number of likes and shares
- Where your mobile traffic is coming from
- How much traffic each video drives to your landing page and
- The conversion rate of each video – Do viewers click, call or buy?
Using this information, you can determine what is and isn’t working in regards to your mobile video strategy. This data allows you to make the necessary changes to improve these numbers.
How Can Video Be More Mobile-Friendly?
The following are a few of the things you can do to make your videos more mobile friendly so that you can ultimately increase your mobile video views, but the overall effectiveness of those videos as well!
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly – Some of the social platforms on which your videos will be watched, such as YouTube and Facebook, are already mobile-friendly. However, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, users are going to have a much more difficult time navigating through it and viewing your videos.
- Create micro video content – With attention spans decreasing, micro content is now much more effective. These short videos are able to relay messages in a short amount of time and truly keep viewers engaged. Because of this, these videos have more of a chance of being watched to their entirety and then shared.
- Embed your calls-to-action in videos – Rather than putting Calls-to-actions in descriptions, putting them in the video itself can be much more effective. This puts it in plain sight and can be more enticing to click.
- Add social share buttons to all your videos – A lot of people use social media through their smartphones, so make sure your videos all have social sharing buttons to make it easy for viewers to engage.
As the importance of mobile marketing continues to grow, tracking and increasing your mobile video views becomes more important as well. Make sure that your marketing strategy focuses on video content and tailors your video content for views on mobile devices.
One thing to keep in mind is that your mobile marketing strategy is going to falter if the video content you offer isn’t of good quality. Consider working with a professional video agency to ensure that your videos not only boast professional production quality, but that they deliver your brand’s message effectively.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_raw_js]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[/vc_raw_js][/vc_column][/vc_row]